CKA Tournament #1
February 24, 2018
Season Five of the Carolina Kayak Anglers tournament trail begins on Lake Hyco, a new lake to the CKA Trail. Located in the northern central Piedmont, Hyco is a large power company reservoir covering 3,500 acres. Its 160 miles of shore line are dotted with docks as well as natural structure, supporting a fishery known for many freshwater species. This will be a Black Bass Tournament
but Hyco recently made the news for a most unusual reason: because of its warm, calcium-rich water, NC Wildlife biologists introduced Redfish to the lake in 2016 to control the lake’s invasive Tilapia. Yes, those Redfish we catch in salt water (Redfish side pot, anyone?) (Correction/Update: We have since learned the Drum stocking was postponed, so there will not be a Drum side pot).
This will be the only single-launch event of the 2018 season. All anglers must be present at the meeting in order to fish the event as we will review some important CKA tournament changes. Please review the revised CKA Rules.
Entry: $50.00 (includes big bass; payment taken via Paypal on TourneyX)
Launch: 205 Pointer Drive Leasburg, NC 27291 (No launch fee)
Sign Up: Click here to sign up on Tourneyx
Captains Meeting: 6:45am
Check In: 3:00pm
Additional Info & Accommodations
- If you have not fished with us before, remember to create your Tourney X profile in order to submit your photos! For information on how to do so, click here: http://www.carolinakayakanglers.com/?page_id=643
- If you already have a Tourneyx account, and have not yet listed CKA as your member club, please do so when you log in.
- We will post sponsor announcements in the coming days
- Rookie of the Year and Angler of the Year points begin with this event!
- Remember: we revised our payouts, and will pay deeper into the field.
- H.o.W contribution and Big Bass pot will continue.
- remember that pre-fishing ends at 4 pm the day prior to the event, per KBF Rules!
Finally: don’t forget to renew you N.C. fishing license. We will be asking to see them for anglers who place in the money this year!
There are a few good options for accommodations and have some listed below for easy reference.
- Hyco Lake Campground (Cabins and Campsites) http://www.hycolake.com/CampingOld.htm
2. Budget Inn
1033 N Madison Blvd, Roxboro, NC 27573
3. Americas Best Value Inn
1006 N Madison Blvd, Roxboro, NC 27573
4. Innkeeper Roxboro
906 Durham Rd, Roxboro, NC 27573
5. Hampton Inn Roxboro
920 Durham Rd, Roxboro, NC 27573