CKA Tournament 8
The Gate City Classic
Multi-Lake Kayak Fishing Tournament
September 30th, 2017
Hi everyone, and get ready for the Gate City Classic! As many of you know, the Classic is when we celebrate our season with fishing and food and announce the AOY. A number of prizes, qualifications and details are also determined on this final day of the regular season. They include:
- AOY winner. The CKA Angler of the Year wins a Jackson Cuda HD, Yak Attack Black Pak, a Bending Branches paddle and a $500 Get:Outdoors gift certificate
- Five KBF National Championship slots,
- The kayak raffle winner (every angler has one entry for each tournament he or she fished). If you fished even a single event this season, you could win a Native Slayer Propel 13!
- The final standings for the top 25 anglers who will proceed to the Tournament of Champions of October .
- Location selection for the Tournament of Champions. The lake is drawn after the Classic and Final standings are announced.
This is a multi-lake event. All details are below:
Read more “Gate City Classic 2017”
Hi everyone, and thank you to all those who attended the Shearon Harris event ten days ago. We have more news to post in the coming days and weeks, but for now – the updated Angler of the Year standings are up!
You can see the new rankings in the pdf file attachment beneath this paragraph. We have fished 7 tournament events this season and your lowest score was culled. This has created additional movement on the board, as anglers who did well at Shearon Harris advanced several places, while another restored his lead. The race is not yet finished but it has tightened up near the top. Remember that qualification remains open for the CKA Tournament of Champions, so a spot in the top 25 remains within reach for many anglers.
Click on file for CKA AOY update (August 7, 2017): CKA AOY Standings 08072017
Additionally. Mr. Butler has updated the “Big Bass” lake, limit and angler stats. As you can see below, Harris surpassed Falls (and nearly caught Randleman) for the number of big bass the lake gave up, Harris fish took 3 of the top 5 big bass slots, and we have a new top limit as well.
Read more “August CKA AOY Update”
CKA Tournament #7
Shearon Harris Lake, NC
August 5, 2017
Welcome anglers to event #7 of the 2017 CKA tournament season. The tournament will be held on August 5th at Shearon Harris Lake. This will be a multi-launch event using the two public ramps at the lake. The format is a 3 fish (black bass) limit tournament with anglers posting fish to Tourney X.
This post contains
- lake and license information,
- rules (and links to complete rules)
- Captains Meetings time and location info
- Tournament Start/End Times
- Post-Event Check-In info
For additional updates, follow CKA on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/carolinakayakanglers/
Read more “CKA Tournament 7: Shearon Harris Lake”
Hello everyone and thanks again to all of the anglers who recently fished at Randleman on both the CKA and KBF Trail event sides of the board (or both!). We are posting the CKA AOY update file (see below). Note that the leader position has been overtaken!
We are also including here the latest installment of “CKA by the numbers” courtesy of Mr. Butler. It includes tournament attendance stats, lakes by number of 20″ fish caught and lists of the top limits and bass caught to this point.
- 151 different Anglers have competed in CKA events this season.
- 364 total anglers have competed in CKA events this season.
- CKA events average 61 anglers per event
- 42 bass > 20” have been submitted and accepted to CKA events.
- Below is a list of how many were landed at each lake we have fished:
- Norman = 0
- Falls = 12
- Jordan = 8
- Hickory = 2
- Badin = 1
- Randleman = 19
Read more “CKA AOY update July 2017”
We are catching up on posts, and apologize for the delay. Our site was transferred to a new server last week and we had some changes to make.
We updated the 2017 gallery with photos from Randleman, including action shots that were not posted to Facebook. Thank you everyone for making it a great tournament and congratulations to the winners on both the CKA and KBF events! Thank you also to Get:Outdoors for hosting the Captains Meeting, and all of our sponsors. Wilderness Systems deserves a special thanks for providing the Radar 115! You can see the photo gallery here: http://www.carolinakayakanglers.com/?page_id=1586
We will post AOY update and details for the Shearon Harris event in the coming days. One quick note about the Harris tournament: both ramps will be available to anglers, and CKA staff will be at each for the morning check ins/meetings.