CKA Tournament #3
April 14, 2017
High Rock Lake
CKA Tournament #3 takes us to another new addition to the CKA Trail, a lake familiar to many North Carolina anglers: High Rock Lake. High Rock has hosted many Bassmaster events (including three very memorable Bassmaster Classics). It is a tournament favorite on many kayak and boat circuits. From its river-fed northern end to the deeper waters in its southern pool, High Rock is a diverse fishery loaded with bass and structure.
Our CKA event coincides with a live Kayak Bass Series (KBS) event. Anglers can register and submit the same fish to both events. KBS has provided CKA with not one, but six Manley rods as giveaways for this event! You can sign up for both events on TourneyX (the folks at Ketch Co. may also be present with their CKA & KBS tournament approved boards!).
Remember also that Boonedox will host a KBF Trail at High Rock the following week (April 21st), so this will also be a great chance for anglers to pre-fish for that event.
Get:Outdoors, Yak Attack, BioSpawn, Dave’s, and TRC Covers have generously provided giveaway items. Additionally, Manley Rods is providing the previously mentioned additional giveaways for this event. Don’t forget: if you fished a CKA event this season, you receive a discount at Get:Outdoors, so stock up on kayak fishing gear, as this event is close to the store!
- Multi Launch (six ramps listed at bottom of page are the only legal launches).
- Anglers are to remain within 30 yards of the launch area prior to the 6:30am start time. Anglers may have kayaks in the water but will not be permitted to leave early to get to fishing areas.
- Blank identifiers will be available for print approximately one week prior to the event (we recommend printing a few extras).
- Unique identifier CODES will be released Friday 4/13 after 8:00pm EST. We will provide instructions at that time how to populate the identifier.
- TourneyX sign up will be cutoff on Friday 4/13 at 10:00pm EST.
- If you plan to camp or be away from a printer on Friday, please print your ID in advance, then fill in the code the evening it is released to Facebook.
- Budget time for travel from your launch to check in. Remember you must be present at Southmont check in by 3:00 pm. If you cannot upload photos and show up at 3:00 pm asking for help, tournament directors may deny your request. Therefore budget time wisely.
|Fee||$50.00 Entry (includes H.O.W, TourneyX, Big Fish fees)|
|Event Date||April 14, 2018|
|Format||3 fish (8” minimum). Hawg Trough measure required.|
|Lines in||6:30 am|
|Lines Out||2:30 pm|
|Check in/Photo upload ends||3:00 pm|
|Check in Address:||Southmont Access
899 Wildlife Recreation Area
Lexington, NC 27292
899 Wildlife Recreation Area Access Rd, Lexington, NC 27292
2. Flat Swamp Creek
16646 NC-8, Denton, NC 27239
3. Dutch Second creek
10799-10895 Bringle Ferry Rd, Salisbury, NC 28146
4. Tamarac Marina
9120 Bringle Ferry Rd, Salisbury, NC 28146
5. Buddle Creek
2882 Holloway Church Rd, Lexington, NC 27292
6. York Hill Boat Access (Must fish south of I-85; waters north of I-85 are off limits)
Trading Ford Way