As we gear up to compete on Harris this coming Saturday, we want to inform you of an opportunity to compete for additional prize money. KBF runs a Big Bass Brawl at every major Trail and Open event. Here is how it works:
- Sign up at the KBF store for the Harris Trail Big Bass Brawl (see link below)
- The biggest bass posted every hour wins $50 for the event.
- $500 goes to the angler with the biggest bass in the tournament.
- Up to $950 in Big bass money may be paid out over the course of the event
The cost to sign up is only $25. If you do not sign up, you are not eligible. Register at this link:
CKA Tournament 5
KBF Trail Event
Shearon Harris Lake, NC
June 9th, 2017
Welcome anglers to event #5 of the 2018 CKA tournament season. The tournament will be held on June 9th at Shearon Harris Lake. This is our yearly visit to world renowned Shearon Harris and it is our first time hosting a KBF Trail on the lake. The tournament will be a multi-launch event using the two available public ramps at the lake.
The event will be held in conjunction with a KBF Trail Event. Anglers may fish either the CKA and KBF event separately, or fish both events simultaneously. The CKA event is a 3 fish limit event and the KBF Trail event is a 5-fish limit event, but an angler’s 3 CKA fish can be cross-posted to the KBF event on Tourney X. Additionally, non-KBF members can compete in the KBF event but we encourage anglers to sign up as KBF members.
This post contains
- Lake and license information
- Boundaries and rules (and links to complete rules)
- Captains Meetings time and location info
- Tournament Start/End Times
- Registration links
- Post-Event Check-In info
For additional updates, visit:
CKA on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/carolinakayakanglers/
KBF Trail on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/198411284075630/
Read more “Shearon Harris CKA/KBF Trail Event”
We have posted the files for the updated AOY and ROY standings. They can be found at either the ROY 2018 or AOY 2018 pages on our website. Each page contains the same file, with AOY points followed by the ROY. Here is a link to one of the pages:
We are very busy finalizing logistics for the Shearon harris combined CKA/KBF Trail event on June 9th. Some advance notice: We have reserved the LongLeaf Shelter at Harris Lake County Park for the Captains Meeting on the evening of Friday, June 8th.
This is the time of year when many of us need to replace gear. If you are a CKA angler in 2018 you receive a discount at our sponsor Get:Outdoors. Show them your name on an event roster for 2018 and the staff will set you up!
See you all soon!
The CKA Staff
CKA Tournament 4
Scott Kerr Lake, NC
May 12, 2018
Advance notice: please read the info below the paragraphs carefully!
Kerr Scott is another new lake to the CKA Trail. There is a story as to how it was chosen. While debating lakes for the 2018 season, the CKA directors reached a deadlock over a May date and lake. Rather than concede, one of us chose a random lake from a map, a lake he had never heard of, fished or seen in his life. One of his opponents then said, “you know, that’s a great lake. That could work out.” Therefore, all the usual factors for lake selection went out the window. We did not choose this lake based on popularity or season, angler feedback or another trail’s schedule or for any reason at all. It was random.
In sum, 3 of the first 4 lakes of the 2018 CKA season (Hyco, High Rock, and Scott Kerr) were new to our series and the 4th (Hickory) is a recent addition. We set out to shake everyone out of their comfort zone. The result we hoped for has come to pass: attendance is far outpacing 2017 and this year’s AOY standings are more competitive, making for wide open AOY and ROY races.
Scott Kerr is located in the northwest Piedmont, near Wilkesboro. It is one of 4 Piedmont lakes run by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers. There will be (7) launches eligible listed below. There is also camping and rental cabins, which can be found at this link.
- Anglers will sign up through TourneyX at https://tourneyx.com/app/tourney/cka-tournament-event-4-w.kerr-scott-reservoir . You will not pay through Tourneyx. The Entry Fee for this event will be paid at the Dam Site Park morning sign in between 5:00am -5:45am. Anglers will leave after a brief Captains Meeting to reach their ramps.
- Anglers are to remain within 30 yards of a launch area prior to the 6:15am start time. Anglers may have kayaks in the water but will not be permitted to leave early to get to fishing areas.
- Blank identifiers will be available on TourneyX approximately one week prior to the event (we recommend printing a few extras).
- Unique identifier CODES will be released Friday 5/11 at 8:00pm EST on the CKA social media (Facebook and Twitter). We will provide instructions at that time for how to populate the identifier.
- TourneyX sign up will be cutoff on Friday 5/11 at 11:00pm EST.
- Budget time for travel from your launch to check in.
- Remember you must be present at check in no later than 2:45 pm. If you need help with or have issues uploading your fish, please make an attempt to be at the Check-In Area early.
- ALL ANGLERS ARE REQUIRED TO SIGN IN AT THE CHECK IN SITE (DAM SITE PARK) BY 2:45PM. IF YOUR NAME IS NOT ON THE SHEET, YOU WILL LOSE YOUR FISH AND SCORE ONLY 20 POINTS TOWARDS AOY.
Read more “CKA Tournament 4: Kerr Scott Lake”
AOY Update April 25, 2018
Hi everyone, and thanks again to all who fished at High Rock. Below you can see the top 30 in the Angler of the Year race and the full AOY standings can be accessed at 2018 AOY page of our website.
Angler of the Year (Top 30, after 3 events)
Read more “Angler of the Year Race Update”