CKA Tournament 8
The Gate City Classic
Multi-Lake Kayak Fishing Tournament
September 30th, 2017
Hi everyone, and get ready for the Gate City Classic! As many of you know, the Classic is when we celebrate our season with fishing and food and announce the AOY. A number of prizes, qualifications and details are also determined on this final day of the regular season. They include:
- AOY winner. The CKA Angler of the Year wins a Jackson Cuda HD, Yak Attack Black Pak, a Bending Branches paddle and a $500 Get:Outdoors gift certificate
- Five KBF National Championship slots,
- The kayak raffle winner (every angler has one entry for each tournament he or she fished). If you fished even a single event this season, you could win a Native Slayer Propel 13!
- The final standings for the top 25 anglers who will proceed to the Tournament of Champions of October .
- Location selection for the Tournament of Champions. The lake is drawn after the Classic and Final standings are announced.
This is a multi-lake event. All details are below:
Read more “Gate City Classic 2017”
Hi everyone, and thank you to all those who attended the Shearon Harris event ten days ago. We have more news to post in the coming days and weeks, but for now – the updated Angler of the Year standings are up!
You can see the new rankings in the pdf file attachment beneath this paragraph. We have fished 7 tournament events this season and your lowest score was culled. This has created additional movement on the board, as anglers who did well at Shearon Harris advanced several places, while another restored his lead. The race is not yet finished but it has tightened up near the top. Remember that qualification remains open for the CKA Tournament of Champions, so a spot in the top 25 remains within reach for many anglers.
Click on file for CKA AOY update (August 7, 2017): CKA AOY Standings 08072017
Additionally. Mr. Butler has updated the “Big Bass” lake, limit and angler stats. As you can see below, Harris surpassed Falls (and nearly caught Randleman) for the number of big bass the lake gave up, Harris fish took 3 of the top 5 big bass slots, and we have a new top limit as well.
Read more “August CKA AOY Update”
Hello everyone and thanks again to all of the anglers who recently fished at Randleman on both the CKA and KBF Trail event sides of the board (or both!). We are posting the CKA AOY update file (see below). Note that the leader position has been overtaken!
We are also including here the latest installment of “CKA by the numbers” courtesy of Mr. Butler. It includes tournament attendance stats, lakes by number of 20″ fish caught and lists of the top limits and bass caught to this point.
- 151 different Anglers have competed in CKA events this season.
- 364 total anglers have competed in CKA events this season.
- CKA events average 61 anglers per event
- 42 bass > 20” have been submitted and accepted to CKA events.
- Below is a list of how many were landed at each lake we have fished:
- Norman = 0
- Falls = 12
- Jordan = 8
- Hickory = 2
- Badin = 1
- Randleman = 19
Read more “CKA AOY update July 2017”
CKA/KBF Trail Event
Randleman Lake, NC
July 8, 2017
Welcome anglers to Event #6 of the 2017 CKA tournament season. The tournament will be held on July 8th at Randleman Lake located in Randleman, N.C. The event will be held in conjunction with a KBF Trail Event. Anglers may fish either the CKA and KBF event separately, or fish both events simultaneously.
The CKA event is a 3 fish limit event and the KBF Trail event is a 5-fish limit event, but an angler’s 3 CKA fish can be cross-posted to the KBF event on Tourney X. Additionally, non-KBF members can compete in the KBF event but we encourage anglers to sign up as KBF members. This post contains
- lake and license information,
- rules (and links to complete rules)
- launch information
- registration links
- Captains Meetings time and location info
- Tournament Start/End Times
- Post-Event Check-In info
For additional updates, visit:
CKA on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/carolinakayakanglers/
Read more “CKA Tournament #6 & KBF Trail: Lake Randleman”
Hello everyone and thanks again to all of the anglers who recently fished at Lake Badin, as well as our sponsors for their generosity. CKA tournament attendance is up from last year and we are on track break our seasonal attendance record. A few numbers below, courtesy of Mr. Butler:
- 296 Anglers have fished in our 5 events to date
- 139 different people have fished at least one of our events in 2017
- 60 angler average per event
Once again, we thank everyone who competes with us to make CKA the most well-attended series in the state. These numbers would be even higher if some of our veteran anglers were not busy traveling to compete at KBF Trail events that have conflicted with our tournaments. The other side of that story is that we have welcomed many new kayak anglers to the series, and they have infused it with new talent.
We have updated the Angler of the Year standings through 5 events (Norman, Falls, Jordan, Hickory and Badin). With 3 events remaining in the season there is room for earning points and the battle for the top spot remains close. Also, there is room to qualify for the top 5 (who qualify for KBF National Championship) and the Top 25.
An Excel file of the current and complete AOY standings can be found at this link: CKA AOY Standings 06192017
This PDF file contains the Badin Lake standings only: CKA_Event__5_Badin_Lake_Standings -Updated
We look forward to seeing everyone at Lake Randleman on July 8th!!