Kayak fishing is a growing sport. Currently tens of thousands of anglers compete in tournaments across the nation (and world) every year. In North Carolina, which hosts some of the longest running and most respected kayak fishing competitions, CKA has done its part to grow the sport, support local fishing economies and also do charitable work.
As a result, attendance increases with every CKA season bringing new anglers to the sport. As CKA entered its 5th season (2018) we established a new prize category, the Rookie of the Year. This category recognizes anglers who are new to CKA’s tournament trail. If you are new to kayak tournament fishing, this link offers 3 articles with useful advice: https://www.kayakbassfishing.com/tournament-fishing-101/
The CKA Rookie of the Year is determined as follows:
- The Rookie who achieves the four highest event point totals at the conclusion of the season (Gate City Kayak Classic) will be Rookie of the Year.
- Eligible participants cannot have fished any CKA events in any previous season.
- No additional entry fee required – we track the Rookie points within the AOY standings.
- Eligible participants will have their (4) best finishing point events count towards the title.
- Please contact CKA via Facebook Messenger and/or the CKA Website to identify yourself as eligible and that you will be participating.
- Prize announcements are posted regularly on the site (search for the “ROY” key word).
- Rookie of the Year receives an automatic bid to the entry-free Tournament of Champions in October.