2019 CKA Tournament Rules
Carolina Kayak Anglers follows the Kayak Bass Fishing (KBF) Competition Rules, with the following exceptions:
- Each CKA angler must sign the on-line CKA liability waiver prior to competition.
- A CKA angler who wishes to retain his/her points for the AOY and ROY must pay the $20 fee at the end of the first event in which he or she participates.
- CKA permits the use of legally registered electric motors during CKA events.
- CKA has an 8″ minimum length rule for fish submissions. If a CKA angler is fishing a KBF event that is hosted by CKA, then the 12″ minimum only applies to submissions to the KBF board, and the 8″ minimum remains for the CKA leader board.
- CKA uses separate identifiers for photo submissions, not the KBF ID cards.
- Competition Area: CKA Anglers must launch from the public ramp(s) advertised by CKA unless otherwise specified for special multi-launch and multi-lake events (such as the Gate City Classic).
- An angler who fishes a KBF event co-hosted by CKA is NOT required to fish the KBF event that runs parallel with the CKA tournament on that day.
- Anglers must be present at the post-event drawings in order to collect any prizes won. This includes all end of season prizes, such as AOY or kayak prizes.
The exceptions listed above specify points where CKA rules diverge from KBF rules. KBF rules are periodically updated at this link.
It is an angler’s responsibility to become familiar with and follow the rules, as stated below and in the KBF updates. KBF publishes rules addenda for individual events such as Trail Series and KBF Open tournaments. An angler fishing in a KBF event that is co-hosted by CKA is expected to read and understand the additional rules.
For a full listing and explanation of all current KBF rules, please click here: http://www.kayakbassfishing.com/kbf-rules-overview/