Save your used plastic bait bags! CKA sponsor Zee Bait Co. has announced that the company will offer discounts to anglers who bring 5 or more used plastic bait bags to the Zee Bait Co booth at the Raleigh Bass and Boat Expo next week on January 10-12, 2020.
We attended the show last year and we were blown away by Zee Bait Co’s professionalism, presentation and most of all, their incredible quality and variety of plastic baits and terminal tackle. So save those bags as you do your winter cleaning, and bring them to the show next week!
For more details about their innovative recycling rewards, click here: https://zeebaitco.com/recycle/
For details about the Expo, click here: http://www.bassandsaltwaterfishingexpo.com/show-information/
CKA looks back on the season at the end of every year. In this installment, we survey your accomplishments on the KBF Trail, Challenges, Pro Tour and KBF/FLW tournaments. Check out the standings and the photo gallery, and congratulations to everyone on another great year representing CKA on the big stage, and let’s do it again in 2020!
Click here for the new gallery and page: https://www.carolinakayakanglers.com/?page_id=4244
When we asked everyone to step up and catch some bigguns, we were thinking as much in terms of big moral support as well as actual fish. You all crushed the moral support angle, raising $2600 to date through this event and then you went out and crushed some real bigguns. Have a look at the top 3 bags on the Tourneyx Leaderboard – they are impressive, to say the least!
We are happy to see everyone having fun and being safe on the water. Submissions have gone smoothly, too, with only a few minor open mouth deductions and the new Tourneyx app is working smoothly.
Sign up remains open, too, so keep spreading the word. Thank you so much for helping out and supporting the Dunns, and thanks again to the event sponsors – please visit their websites and buy their products!
Angler feedback, location scouting, mock schedules, coordination and discussion – these are some of the ingredients that go into each year’s CKA schedule. This year the process was amplified by several important announcements in the kayak bass fishing world. And now, the CKA 2020 schedule is ready.
- For the first time since 2014, we will open our season at the mighty Shearon Harris reservoir.
- KBF Trail events return to North Carolina (May 30) after a one year hiatus.
- We added a river event, for the first time ever, and it’s a great one: the famous Cape Fear River. Based on our location scouting, that river is absolutely loaded with big fish.
- We return to the surprise lake of last year’s schedule: Tuckertown!
- The CKA schedule avoids conflict with all the major national kayak fishing trails, providing anglers the chance to fish those events when they are nearby, including the Hobie BOS event at Norman on March 14th and the BassMasters kayak tournament at Lake Chickamauga, TN in (May 23).
2020 is shaping up to be a tremendous year for our trail, our anglers and the sport of kayak fishing. We look forward to sharing the season with you all.
Here is the full schedule:
A charity event for Matt Dunn and Family
On November 29, 2019 Matt Dunn, his wife Jessica and their kids lost their home in Fuquay Varina, N.C. to a fire. Matt is a CKA angler, KBF member and the new KayakTournaments.com North Carolina Angler of the Year, a friend, a brother and a fellow competitor. CKA is asking the kayak community to join and help the Dunn family rebuild their lives and home after this tragic event, and we will begin helping Matt and his family by doing what we do best: catching big bass for a worthy cause.
- Clothing, fishing gear and toys can be delivered to Baptist Grove Church
6140 Christian Light Rd. Fuquay Varina, NC 27526
Format and Rules
- Nationwide, 8 day event (6 am eastern time, Saturday December 7th to 6 pm eastern time, December 15th).
- Total length of your 5 best black bass (spotted, largemouth, or smallmouth).
- Fish must have mouth closed, facing to the left, dorsal fin up.
- Minimum length is 8”. Please follow local regulations and practice catch, photo and release.
- An ID tag must be visible in submitted photos. Simply write “4Dunns” on a homemade tag or your hand.
- Rigid measuring boards (Hawg Trough, Ketch board, Fish Stik are the only permitted brands). No tape measures.
- Anglers may fish any public water from a kayak, canoe, or boat (catamaran, SUP, power, sail, jonboat, raft, etc), as well as bank fish.
- We do not want to disqualify anglers but egregious violations of etiquette or rules will result in DQ’d fish, at the director’s discretion. Remember: this is a fun event to help a family in need.
- PFD’s are required for all boaters. Photos that show angler without a PFD will be disqualified.
- By participating in this event, you agree to fish safely, to refrain from legal action or dispute against CKA and to take responsibility for your actions. Please focus on safety as well as charity.
There will be a random draw of numbers based on final standings on Monday, December 16th. The drawing will be live on the CKA Facebook page. Prizes will be shipped to anglers.
We will update sponsor donations to the event on the CKA Facebook page all week long.
Thank you to Dwayne Walley (TourneyX), Duke Weskamp, (Ketch Co.), Carver Covers, Casey Reed (VKBC & KayakTournaments.com), Yak Attack, Fish USA and Kayak Bass Fishing for their donating time and support for the Dunn family and this event.