A charity event for Matt Dunn and Family
On November 29, 2019 Matt Dunn, his wife Jessica and their kids lost their home in Fuquay Varina, N.C. to a fire. Matt is a CKA angler, KBF member and the new KayakTournaments.com North Carolina Angler of the Year, a friend, a brother and a fellow competitor. CKA is asking the kayak community to join and help the Dunn family rebuild their lives and home after this tragic event, and we will begin helping Matt and his family by doing what we do best: catching big bass for a worthy cause.
- TourneyX.com has graciously donated tournament support and a charity page. All entry fees from this tournament go directly to Matt Dunn’s Paypal account. Sign up here:
- A GoFundMe page also exists and we ask people to donate there as well. Link:
- Clothing, fishing gear and toys can be delivered to Baptist Grove Church
6140 Christian Light Rd. Fuquay Varina, NC 27526
Format and Rules
- Nationwide, 8 day event (6 am eastern time, Saturday December 7th to 6 pm eastern time, December 15th).
- Total length of your 5 best black bass (spotted, largemouth, or smallmouth).
- Fish must have mouth closed, facing to the left, dorsal fin up.
- Minimum length is 8”. Please follow local regulations and practice catch, photo and release.
- An ID tag must be visible in submitted photos. Simply write “4Dunns” on a homemade tag or your hand.
- Rigid measuring boards (Hawg Trough, Ketch board, Fish Stik are the only permitted brands). No tape measures.
- Anglers may fish any public water from a kayak, canoe, or boat (catamaran, SUP, power, sail, jonboat, raft, etc), as well as bank fish.
- We do not want to disqualify anglers but egregious violations of etiquette or rules will result in DQ’d fish, at the director’s discretion. Remember: this is a fun event to help a family in need.
- PFD’s are required for all boaters. Photos that show angler without a PFD will be disqualified.
- By participating in this event, you agree to fish safely, to refrain from legal action or dispute against CKA and to take responsibility for your actions. Please focus on safety as well as charity.
There will be a random draw of numbers based on final standings on Monday, December 16th. The drawing will be live on the CKA Facebook page. Prizes will be shipped to anglers.
We will update sponsor donations to the event on the CKA Facebook page all week long.
Thank you to Dwayne Walley (TourneyX), Duke Weskamp, (Ketch Co.), Carver Covers, Casey Reed (VKBC & KayakTournaments.com), Yak Attack, Fish USA and Kayak Bass Fishing for their donating time and support for the Dunn family and this event.