Angler feedback, location scouting, mock schedules, coordination and discussion – these are some of the ingredients that go into each year’s CKA schedule. This year the process was amplified by several important announcements in the kayak bass fishing world. And now, the CKA 2020 schedule is ready.
- For the first time since 2014, we will open our season at the mighty Shearon Harris reservoir.
- KBF Trail events return to North Carolina (May 30) after a one year hiatus.
- We added a river event, for the first time ever, and it’s a great one: the famous Cape Fear River. Based on our location scouting, that river is absolutely loaded with big fish.
- We return to the surprise lake of last year’s schedule: Tuckertown!
- The CKA schedule avoids conflict with all the major national kayak fishing trails, providing anglers the chance to fish those events when they are nearby, including the Hobie BOS event at Norman on March 14th and the BassMasters kayak tournament at Lake Chickamauga, TN in (May 23).
2020 is shaping up to be a tremendous year for our trail, our anglers and the sport of kayak fishing. We look forward to sharing the season with you all.
Here is the full schedule: