Beginning with Marcus Smith’s win at Santee-Cooper and ending with Cory Dreyer’s top 10 finish at Guntersville Lake in the KBF National Championship, the 2020 season produced many highlights for CKA anglers in KBF competition, including an RAOY title and yet another State Challenge Series points champion.
For a complete overview of the CKA/KBF 2020 year in review, click here
For an updated photo gallery, click here: https://www.carolinakayakanglers.com/?page_id=1125
2020 has been a year like no other, and it presented unique challenges to CKA’s tournament plans. But innovation and adaptation prevailed, and CKA developed a safe plan for tournament management and proceeded with our schedule as planned. CKA anglers confronted history head on; some also made history.
- Larry Moua landed the longest bass ever posted in CKA competition, a 24.25” battleship he caught at the Shearon Harris tournament. It has been added to the CKA Big Bass Gallery.
- For the 1st time ever, an angler (Charles Crews) won both the ROY and AOY titles in a single season.
- Rick Rowland won back-to-back events, tying him with P.C. Hawj for the all-time record with 6 victories in CKA competition.
- For the 1st time ever, an angler (Keith McGee) won the Tournament of Champions in back to back seasons. This is only the second time in the club’s history that an angler has won back-to-back events in consecutive years.
- CKA anglers went after the top spots in the KBF Mid-Atlantic Region, winning 1st place two times (Eric Nelson and Marcus Smith). Eric Nelson also brought the Regional Angler of the Year title to Carolina.
- In all, CKA anglers won a total of 3 KBF Trail events (Cory Dreyer won a third), and nearly won two more (Cory Dreyer and Arlie Minton each had a 2nd place finish).
- 7 different anglers won 1st place in 8 regular season events.
- CKA anglers donated over $1,000 to Heroes on the Water.
- A total of 433 anglers fished our 8 regular season events, for an average attendance of 54.5 anglers per event.
Read more “CKA 2020: The Year in Review”