At the end of every season, the CKA hosts a bonus tournament for its top competitors. Last year, Melvin Yang won the 2017 crown at Lake Norman and the year before that it was Denny Romero on the Yadkin River. Who will be this year’s champion?
What follows is a timeline for the tournament, a list of anglers who qualified/accepted roll down spots and a map showing the check-in spot. We hope the trophies will be shipped in time, but we can assure you, the other prizes are ready!
Friday Night (10/12) – ID released at 8:00pm on CKA Facebook, Twitter and Instagram sites. No “in person” Captains Meeting.
Saturday Morning (10/13) – Anglers may go directly to their preferred ramp at any time. Anglers WILL NOT be permitted to have their kayaks in the water until 6:00am. After you put in at 6:00am, you may then pedal/paddle to your location (be sure to have your safety lights on). First cast/Lines In is at 7:00am.
Saturday Afternoon (10/13) – Lines out at 2:00pm. We will meet at the Harris Teeter satellite lot no later than 3:00pm. Anyone that checks in after 3:00pm will have their day’s entire catch disqualified. We will judge the fish quickly and determine the Top 10 for Sunday.
Saturday Evening (10/13) – We have secured sites at Holly Point Campground. We will have sites at Loop 3 Sites 82-84.
Sunday Morning (10/14) – Anglers in the top 10 may go directly to their preferred ramp at any time. Anglers WILL NOT be permitted to have their kayaks in the water until 6:00am. After you put in at 6:00am, you may then pedal/paddle to your location. First cast/Lines In is at 7:00am.
Sunday Afternoon (10/14) – Lines out at 1:00pm. We will meet at the Harris Teeter satellite lot no later than 2:00pm. Anyone that checks in after 2:00pm will have their day’s entire catch disqualified.
• We strongly encourage any Anglers that have not made the TOC or do not make the Top 10 for Sunday to secure a site at Holly Point and come join us Saturday Night.
• TourneyX will not be used for this event. Make sure you have good pictures. We will not judge them until end of day.
• Lengths from Day 1 will carry over to Day 2.
• Holly Point Campground launch is in play for both days. For a Saturday morning launch from that location, you will have had to secure your own campsite Friday evening. CKA will be paying Saturday night for the sites for Top 10.
• Harris Teeter: 1432 Brogden Woods Dr Creedmoor Village, Wake Forest, NC 27587
• Holly Point: 14500 New Light Rd, Wake Forest, NC 27587
*** Bob Dainton
*** PC Hawj
*** Jim Lor
*** Jacob Miles
*** Matt Hawj
*** Eric Nelson
*** Ronald Gerber
*** Derrick Hood
*** Melvin Yang
*** Matthew Dunn
*** Calvin Keller
*** John Vue
*** Ryan Freeman ( R )
*** Mike Wimmer ( R )
*** Dustin Matthews
*** Terry Wheeler Jr ( R )
*** Bobby Bowers
*** Austin Vang
*** Teng Yang
*** Kou Yang
*** Ronnie Murphy
*** Yee Vue
*** David Golding
*** Joey Sullivan